We are happy to announce municipal planning awards totaling $143,000 to six Chester County municipalities through the Vision Partnership Program (VPP) grants! The competitive grant process received seven applications covering eight municipalities, which requested almost $220,000 in county funds. Rollover funds allowed the awarded funds to exceed the standard $125,000 grant funding amount. The 2017 second round grant program will open in July 2017, with applications due August 30. Congratulations to our recipients for the first round of funding, who have proposed a variety of projects to advance their communities:
- Avondale – comprehensive plan
- Coatesville – Palmer Park revitalization study
- Kennett area – regulatory updates
- Tredyffrin – multimodal transportation study
- West Brandywine – comprehensive plan
More information on the 2017 second round grant process, as well as projects funded previously through the program, can be found here.