The Chester County Department of Parks and Open Space Preservation is now accepting applications for its Municipal and Conservancy grant programs. Applications are due on Friday, February 28, 2020 by 4 p.m.
The Municipal Program advances the County’s Strategic Plan by awarding funds to local governments to assist them with providing parks, trails, and preserves for their citizens.
- Acquisition Grants fund a maximum of 50% of the appraised value to buy land, conservation easements, or trail easements plus eligible transaction costs.
- Park and Trail Improvement Grants fund park facility and trail construction costs at a maximum of 50% up to $250,000 for parks of 20 or more contiguous acres, and a maximum of 25% up to $100,000 for parks less than 20 acres.
The Conservancy Program advances the County’s Strategic Plan by awarding funds to non-profit land conservation organizations to assist them with preserving land and connecting people to the land.
- Acquisition Grants
- Natural Area Preservation grants fund a maximum of 50% of the appraised value to buy land, conservation easements, or trail easements plus eligible transaction costs.
- Farmland Preservation grants fund up to the lesser of $3,000 per acre or 33% of the appraised value, plus eligible transaction costs for easement purchases and up to the lesser of $5,000 per acre or 33% of the appraised value, plus eligible transaction costs for fee simple purchases.
- Public Benefit Improvement Grants fund up to 50% of eligible costs with a $50,000 maximum for the construction of publicly accessible trails and trail-related amenities, and for nature-based improvements on permanently preserved land that will benefit water quality or contribute to habitat restoration.
Please contact Judy Thomas at 610-344-5499 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about these programs.