Congratulations to all the Chester County municipalities and organizations that were recipients of the Community Conservation Partnerships Program (C2P2) and Multimodal Transportation Fund (MTF) grants! C2P2 grants are administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources and are for projects that will create new recreational opportunities, conserve natural resources, and help revitalize local communities. MTF grants are administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development and are for projects that encourage economic development and ensure that a safe and reliable system of transportation is available to the residents of the commonwealth.
Grant awards were announced in November and given to the following Chester County recipients:
Community Conservation Partnerships Program
- East Coventry Township, $75,900, Rehabilitation of Ellis Woods Park;
- East Whiteland Township, $200,000, Development of Bacton Hill Park;
- Parkesburg Borough, $40,000, Rehabilitation of Minch Park;
- Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art, $350,000, Payment toward the acquisition of approximately 569 acres in Lower Oxford and West Nottingham townships;
- East Whiteland Township, $540,537, Payment toward the acquisition of approximately 154 acres in East Whiteland and Charlestown townships;
- French & Pickering Creeks Conservation Trust, Inc., $41,900, Payment toward the acquisition of a conservation easement on approximately 47 acres in East Nantmeal;
- Natural Lands Trust, Inc., $300,000, Payment toward the acquisition of approximately 83 acres in Warwick Township; and,
- The Conservation Fund, $1,500,000, Payment toward the acquisition of approximately 982 acres along Springlawn Road in Elk, Franklin, and New London townships.
- TOTAL: $3,048,337
Multimodal Transportation Fund
- East Pikeland Township, Route 724 Pedestrian Improvement Project – $315,000;
- Schuylkill Township, PA 23 Sidewalk – $1,000,000;
- Oxford Borough, Safe Routes to School Project – $735,812;
- West Bradford Township, Lighting for Stargazers Roundabout – $119,389; and,
- East Fallowfield Township, Repairs to Mortonville Road – $730,000.
- TOTAL: $2,900,201