On December 6th Governor Wolf announced $52.9 million in grant awards towards the PA Department of Community and Economic Development’s (DCED) Multimodal Transportation Fund (MTF) Program. Funding for this program was established by Act 89, Pennsylvania’s Transportation Bill, which was signed into law in 2013 by Governor Corbett. The MTF addresses ports and waterways, freight and passenger rail, aviation, transit, and bicycle and pedestrian projects. Five projects in Chester County were the recipient of these awards totaling $3.25 million, as follows:
- Borough of Downingtown – Woodbine Road Multi-Use Trail – $235,000
- Borough of Oxford – Multimodal Transportation Center – $540,000
- DEPG Coatesville Associates LP – Coatesville Gateway Transportation Improvements – $900,000
- Kennett Township – Kennett Active Transportation Trails Project -$1,200,000
- West Whiteland Township – Route 100 Exton Station Multi-use Trail – $375,000
Click here to view a complete listing of approved projects statewide.